• Zaloguj się, aby dodać odpowiedź
2 odpowiedzi w tym temacie

budo_sonnenbruder
  • Użytkownik
  • 1 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Kejutsukai - widmo ?
Jest książka o Kejutsukai aikido z roku 1984 , ale w wyszukiwarkach internetowych w roku 2002 niewiele wzmianek o tym stylu . Czy ktoś wie co się stało ( zanik , zmiana nazwy itp. ) ?

budo_canaris
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: Kejutsukai - widmo ?
Rzeczywiście bieda z nędzą :( Znalazłem ledwie mini wzmiankę na [link widoczny dla zalogowanych Użytkowników] . Niewiem nawet czy na temat.

budo_uczestnikforumwbrewwoli
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPip
  • 65 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: Kejutsukai - widmo ?
MAKIYAMA, THOMAS
(b. 1928). 8th dan Yoshinkan Aikido. A long-time practitioner of aikido originally from Hawaii. Employed by the General Headquarters of the Allied Forces in post-war Japan. Authored an early book on aikido in English in 1960. 1958 (see bibl. ). Presently heads the independent KEIJUTSUKAI dojo in Tokyo. Makiyama's aikido shows a clear affinity to YOSHINKAN AIKIDO. Keijutsukai, Nakata Building 2F, 2-7-5 Shiba Daimon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105 Japan (03)5472-5181/2, fax (03)5472-5100.

Thomas H. Makiyama, Founder, Keijutsukai Aikido

Thomas Makiyama started budo at the age of 18 in January 1947 after enlisting in the U.S. Army. He went to Japan from his home state of Hawaii immediately after basic training and was stationed in Yokohama, where he was assigned to the 8th Army's military police criminal investigation division. This was during the early Occupation, before the outbreak of the Korean War.

This interview was conducted by Norm Ibuki on January 7, 2001 at (appropriately) an American fast-food restaurant in Tokyo, where members of the Keijutsukai, founded by Makiyama Sensei, meet for coffee before practice. He touches on his long involvement with aikido, his way of instructing, and the contrasts between American and Japanese culture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norm Ibuki: Did you study budo before you came to Japan?

Thomas Makiyama: No, but I was exposed to it because there was a lot of judo in Hawaii. Some of my classmates practiced, but I didn't and I used to wait for them to get off training so we could go to the beach. The judo instructor, who also taught at the Japanese school, was always trying to get me to join the group but I declined. He asked me why and I said, "Because it hurts!" He called me chicken.

I was the little guy in the outfit and I had to do something, so within weeks of arriving in Japan I went looking for a judo dojo, as that was the only budo I knew about then.
I joined the army primarily to take advantage of the GI Bill whereby, if you spent three years in the military, you got a free college education.
I wanted to become a famous attorney like Perry Mason and I had read all the Perry Mason books.

When I went to Honolulu for training and assignment someone suggested that we go to Alaska--that's how damn stupid we were. One of the guys in the army office, the older brother of a classmate, said, "Why the hell do you want to go to Alaska, it's all ice!" So I asked him to find me another place and he said,

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024