1 odpowiedź w tym temacie

budo_^hast^
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3373 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

ADCC 2005
Promotional team headed by AFC matchmaker and ADCC spokesman Miguel Iturrate to host the 6th Submission Wrestling World Championships

Jiu Jitsu PRO GEAR's Gilberto Villela Faria and Grappler's Quest's Brian Cimins round out promotional team.

'We are ready to bring the 6th ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships to the United States' states an exhuberant promoter Miguel Iturrate. 'Yesterday, we received final approval from the ADCC committee on our proposal to host the event in the US. We are very excited, and we are moving forward with hosting the event in MAY of 2005. The motions to secure a venue have begun - we have something special in mind for the event's site. The exact date and site will be 100% in the coming weeks' states the promoter.

6th WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS TO PRESENT INTERNATIONAL FIELD IN TRADITIONAL ADCC FASHION

'One of the things that makes this event unique to promote is that the lineup of fighters remains an ADCC committee secret until very near show time' reveals the promoter. 'This may scare some promoters, who want to see the lineup for promotion. There is so much else about the event to work with, however. We know, in May, there will be 100 World class grapplers at the event. The SUPERFIGHT between DEAN LISTER and RICARDO ARONA is fixed. All the champions in the 5 weight classes are invited back. The athletes are already preparing for the Continental Trials. The competition has improved every year, skillwise, and ADCC 2005 will be no different. It is our job as promoters to get the word out there' states a confident promoter.

CURRENT ADCC 2005 LINEUP

SUPERFIGHT:
CHALLENGER DEAN LISTER (USA)
versus
CHAMPION RICARDO ARONA (BRAZIL)

16 Man, Single Elimination Tournaments
- under 65.99 KG: returning champion - LEO VEIERA (BRAZIL)
- 66-76.99 KG: returning champion - MARCELO GARCIA (BRAZIL)
- 77-87.99 KG: returning champion - SAULO RIBEIRO (BRAZIL)
- 88-98.99 KG: returning champion - JON OLAV EINMO (NORWAY)
- 77-87.99 KG: returning champion - MARCIO 'Pe de Pano' CRUZ (BRAZIL)

Plus, THE MOST GRUELING TOURNAMENT IN MARTIAL ARTS:
- 16 Man Invitional - ABSOLUTE CLASS (OPEN WEIGHT)

Any competitors who want to submit a resume should e-mail Guy Neivens of the ADCC directly at [link widoczny dla zalogowanych Użytkowników].

PROMOTER CONFIDENT OF TEAM

'I think we have put together the right 3-man team to promote this event.' states Iturrate who has worked directly for Guy Neivens (ADCC Coordinator) on ADCC projects for the last 5 years. 'My roll will be to make the event happen, period.' reveals Iturrate. 'My experience with HOOKnSHOOT from 1998-2003, my current work with Euphoria MFC and the AFC in Ft Lauderdale, I have an infrastructure for things, like the video, that we want to achieve. I have a pretty good list of international contacts, I am confident the right pieces to the puzzle will be put together to make a world class event.'

Two other key pieces were revealed by Iturrate. ',b>Gilberto Villela,/b> of JJ Pro Gear will be working on event coordination. He is located in southern California, and that is our first choice for location. We have a lot of options, and Gilberto will be the man 'on the floor' wherever the event is held.'

'Brian Cimins of Grapplers Quest has been certified by the ADCC's Lubomir Guedjev as one of the judges for the event' adds Iturrate. 'This is a key addition. With the GRAPPLERS QUEST, he has an excellent, national, grass roots grappling event, and we hope to use some of that infrastrucutre to have amatuer tournaments using the official ADCC rules. His understanding of the ADCC system is integral. We are planting the seeds to have 1000's of amatuers competing under the ADC Submission Wrestlnig system in a few years. That is a huge advancement that Brian adds.'

SPONSORS: All Aboard!!!

'MMA Mart, SPRAWL.TV, SHOWDOWN Fightwear and already aboard and others are signing up as sponsors' states Iturrate. 'SPRAWL is a long time supporter, for example. We love working with the people we have worked with, and we hope to attract new sponsors for this event.

'The new logo comes courtesy of our friends at Cutthroat Fightgear' states Iturrate. 'They are a new sponsor, and we hope to add more'.

Anyone interested in sponsoring can contact the promoter directly at [link widoczny dla zalogowanych Użytkowników].

budo_^hast^
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3373 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: ADCC 2005
Dołączona grafika

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024