2 odpowiedzi w tym temacie

budo_^hast^
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3373 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Mundial 2004 - Trials
The BJJ World Championship starts this Saturday (17). The athletes that didn't got pre qualification will have a second chance to fight the VIII BJJ Mundial during the trial, which happens today in Rio de Janeiro. The two finalists in all belts will qualify and show their valor at Tijuca Tênis Clube, from July 22 to 25.

budo_^hast^
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3373 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: Mundial 2004 - Trials
Dołączona grafika
Champion at the 3rd BJJ World Cup of Jiu-Jitsu among the middleweights, Fernando Tererê will not obey his doctor and he will fight at the VIII Mundial of Jiu-Jitsu, scheduled to rock the Tijuca Tênis Club on July 24 and 25. Tererê, who got the finger hurt during his first bout at BJJ world Cup, warns he will not train to fight the weight and the open class.

- For whom fought the ADCC with a broken rib and saw a guy winning with no arms, it will not be a finger that will take me away from a Mundial. I am facing this event like a test for me. Now I just gonna put my Gi again for the Mundial. It does not longer matter: winning or losing. I just want to fight. Until there, I am just meditating,' jokes Tererê.

budo_^hast^
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3373 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: Mundial 2004 - Trials
The 2004 Worlds Qualifying Tournament was held this past Saturday in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The event the last chance for athletes qualify to compete in the Big Show to attain qualification status. Atheltes qualify to the main event by competing and placing in several events throughout Brazil along with the Pan-Ams and the European Championships. Foreign fighters are automatically qualified as the CBJJ does not have enough qualifying events Worldwide!

While the event is important to the lower belts fighting for a chance to enter the Worlds, it is mostly a formality for the Black Belts, as most of the active top fighters that want to compete are already qualified, there are hardly any entries for the Black Belt qualifier. Since first and second place in the event qualify for the Worlds, generally all that is needed for the Black Belts to get a berth is to sign up and maybe have one match, as there is hardly a bracket with more than 3 fighters.

This year's notables in the qualifier were multiple times World Champion Saulo Ribeiro, who did not compete last year and former World Champions Rico Vieira and Rafael Gordinho for the same reasons.

Marcelo 'Siriema', one of the main tournament organizers for the CBJJ informed us that he has received a huge amount of entries and they have been feveressly sorting out the cards and will have the brackets soon on the CBJJ website [link widoczny dla zalogowanych Użytkowników]

We will be posting some notables and any surprises as they develop!

The Tournament starts Thursday July 22nd! Be there or be square!

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024