budo_dollyo
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3402 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Mighty Mo gotowy na finały (wywiad)

Mighty Mo Set To Go
Interview by Benny Henderson Jr. (December 1, 2004)

The Aruze K-1 World Grand Prix 2004 Final is set for December 4th at the Tokyo Dome in Japan. Eight warriors are braced for battle in the single elimination tournament that features the premier practitioners of world-class kickboxing. They come from all over the world to compete for the one prize they all train so hard for, that is the title known as CHAMPION.

The only American that will be competing in this prestigious event will be the hard hitting strong armed fighter simply known as Mighty Mo. The 6’1’ ½, 275-pound native of California will start off the event with fight veteran Kaoklai Kaennorsing, who has a career record of 47-22-2 (11 KOs).

Mighty Mo, who made his K-1 debut on April of this year, knocking out K-1 prospect Hiraku Hori in the fourth round of the K-1 Burning event, is more than ready to lay the beatdown on his opponents. Mighty Mo’s disciplines are boxing, kickboxing and wrestling, and the heavy hitter trains under Eddy Millis at the Shark Tank Gym. The power punching “Mighty Mo” stopped by Max Fighting to talk about his upcoming fight and give his thoughts on his training for the K-1 event.

Benny Henderson Jr. - You stated that you would try to drop twenty pounds for this K-1 event. How has the weight loss been going for you and your overall training?
Mighty Mo - It is going well. I’m lighter, stronger and faster. I feel great! Eddy has been putting me through some tough drills.

BH - Your upcoming bout is on December 4th at the K-1 World Grand Prix Finals Tournament. You will start off against fight veteran Kaoklai Kaennorsing. What are your thoughts on that matchup?
MM - He is a fast fighter. I’m going to do my best to catch him; I will catch him.

BH - If you advance throughout the night you will have three bouts total. How do you prepare yourself physically and mentally for a hard night of battling?
MM - I just train hard. Mentally and physically I am ready. Good training prepares you for the battle.

BH - Out of your twenty-eight bouts, which are your most memorable ones so far?
MM - I really liked winning the US K-1 Grand Prix. The KO of Brecht Wallis was great.

BH - Your second bout could either be against Ray Sefo or Musashi. If you had your choice who would you rather face? I know most likely you will say it doesn’t matter but who do you feel would be the tougher match out of the two?
MM - Well Ray’s team and my team are all friends. I would like to fight Musashi, but either one would be a tough fight.

BH - Can you give us a little bit of your fight plan for the night?
MM - I will be full of surprises - strike hard, strike fast.

BH - You are the only American on the card for the tourney, how does it feel to be representing the USA?
MM - It feels great, I am very proud to be representing the USA.

BH - What do you feel your best quality is as a fighter?
MM - My perseverance, strength, and timing.

BH - Who has been your toughest opponent so far?
MM - All of them have been tough. My first K-1 opponent, Hori, was a tough fighter.

BH - Any final thoughts or anything you would like to say or add to this interview?
MM - Thank you to K-1, my family, my fans and the crew at the Shark Tank. Mighty Mo will bring the raw power and energy December 4th in Japan. Thank You!

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024