1 odpowiedź w tym temacie

budo_dollyo
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3402 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Ernesto Hoost - wywiad 28.11 + wywiad video

[November 28, 2004] K-1’s living legend speaks before his return to the Tokyo Dome on Saturday

Dołączona grafika

While the annual K-1 “World Grand Prix Finals” event has long represented the pinnacle of martial arts tournament fighting, a lone individual, whose origin belongs to Holland, has symbolized the peak of athletic greatness in the sport.

Since he captured his first championship inside the 70,000 crowd capacity Tokyo Dome seven years ago, Ernesto Hoost, also known as “Mr. Perfect,” has become a larger than life figure in the eyes of combat sports insiders, legions of fans, and even many of his colleagues. In setting the record for World Grand Prix titles won when he secured his fourth such prize in 2002 and defeating every major rival with the exception of one Bob “The Beast” Sapp, Hoost has done it all.

On December 4th, Mr. Perfect will venture to Japan’s capital city once again and attempt to shatter his own, lofty record by capturing a fifth championship at age 39. Some dismiss the 6 foot 2 inch, 220 pound icon as an aging warrior who no longer has the steam to endure the kind of lengthy battle that comes in single-elimination format. Others recognize the urgency of his superior technical skill as well as his experience that is vital in the complex world of tournament fighting where many forces can work against a man. For Hoost, the ability to persevere and defeat three of the sport’s top contenders in one night boils down to his undying determination to win.

Q: On December 4th, you will have a shot at winning your fifth World Grand Prix Finals tournament championship. How important is it for you to accomplish this feat?
A: Well, this is my biggest goal for right now. This is what I’m training for and what I’m fighting for so, in that way, it is very important for me. I’m a fighter and I want to win.

Q: How strong do you feel going into this event compared to past World Grand Prix Finals tournaments?
A: The closest comparison I can make is (with) 2002. It wasn’t my strongest K-1 Grand Prix, but right now, I feel better than I felt then. Of course that doesn’t say anything but, for myself, I’m very confident.

Q: After accomplishing so much, how tough is it to stay hungry and remain at the top level in the sport?
A: My goal is still winning and I still like what I do. I mean, that’s the most important thing – I like what I do. I have pleasure in training. I have pleasure in fighting and, for me, if it was possible I would have fought past my retirement age.

Q: Your first opponent on December 4th will be the defending tournament champion, Remy Bonjasky. His fighting style is very unorthodox and can be tricky. How well do you feel you match up with him and how well do you feel you will be able to handle is fighting style in the ring?
A: I think I will be very able to handle is fighting style because he is tricky, but he is also a very technical fighter. I like that style of fighter because I’m that type of fighter myself. I think it’s going to be a very technical fight. I think his boxing is not so strong, but his kicking is strong so I will concentrate on his boxing.

Q: Remy has said that he admires you as one of the all-time great K-1 champions. He also said that he feels it is time you retire and pass the torch, so to speak, to the new generation of K-1 fighters out there. What is your response to critics who suggest that you pack it in?
A: You know, in time I will retire. It’s up to me. I’m the only one who decides when I retire. If he wants to retire me, he can try.

Q: In the past you’ve shown your ability to adapt to different styles in the ring. I remember when you fought Rick Roufus under full-contact kickboxing rules and came out victorious. Can you describe how you overcame the challenge of competing under a set of rules that restricted the number of weapons you were able to use?
A: Well, we fought two times (Note: Hoost and Roufus fought in November 1992 and, again, in November 1994). The first time, he beat me in a 12 round fight. The second time, I was more prepared. I knew what to expect from him. It wasn’t only on a technical level, it was also mental. I think, mentally, he wasn’t able to cope with me. Physically, I felt very strong so I used everything I could use in the fight and it worked out well for me.

Q: What would you consider the greatest challenges you’ve faced in your career?
A: I think one of the greatest must have been the first fight with Jean Yves Theriault. (When we met) the first time, I had only had 11 or 12 fights and he already had 50 knockouts. So, that was a big challenge to fight with someone like that. He beat me on points, but I can remember that I was very happy because, for me, it was a victory. Of course, I’ve had a lot of other experiences, but that was the first big opponent I had. I wasn’t ready for it, but I still did the fight. I went 10 rounds with him. He could have really hurt me. I was very proud of myself.

Q: Would you care for another rematch with Bob Sapp?
A: Yea. I think both times that I fought with him – I hate to use excuses, but the first time I shouldn’t have done the fight because I was sick. But, I did it so I cannot say anything about it. The second time I fought him, I was a little too tense or something and I made some mistakes. But, I still think I didn’t do that bad and the referee stopped the fight too quickly.

Q: Is there anything else you would like to tell the fans?
A: Yes. They can be sure that I will be 100 percent on December 4th. I really want to become the five-time K-1 champion and I will do anything for that.

budo_dollyo
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3402 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: Ernesto Hoost - wywiad 28.11 + wywiad video
Ernesto Video Interview
[link widoczny dla zalogowanych Użytkowników]

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024