Brak odpowiedzi do tego tematu

budo_^hast^
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3373 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Wywiad z Kosei Inoue [ang]
TOKYO - Talking titles Baseball skipper Nagashima, judo champ Inoue discuss Olympic prospects the way with one of the biggest newspapers in Japan, the Daily Yomiuri.
Mr. Inoue. I heard the theme of your masters thesis (at Tokai University) is the somewhat unusual "onomatopoeia.
As two of Japan's most popular sports, athletes in baseball and judo are often held to a higher standard than most others. Going into this summer's Athens Olympics, the pressure on the competitors in these sports will be as intense as the Greek sun.

Adding to the drama--and the expectations--is the fact that the Japanese baseball team is managed by former Yomiuri Giants legend Shigeo Nagashima, who has returned to the dugout after a short hiatus away from the game. Nagashima will command a "Dream Team" of players from Japan's pro leagues, which swept through the Asian Championship last November in Sapporo with a perfect record to secure its Olympic berth.

Leading the men's judo contingent will be Kosei Inoue, who will be aiming to defend the Olympic 100-kilogram title he won four years ago in Sydney. He showed he was on the right track last September, when he stormed to his third straight world championship in Osaka.

With eight months to go before Athens, The Yomiuri Shimbun invited Nagashima, 67, and Inoue, 25, to talk about their outlook and thoughts on the Olympic Games.

Inoue: At Sydney, I was only thinking of realizing my dreams and winning a gold medal. But after winning my third straight title at both the All-Japan and world championships, I will be feeling an extra burden of pressure.

Under the circumstances, it's a bid deal to win the gold medal in the biggest event in the sports world which is held only once every four years.

Yomiuri: Mr. Inoue, you won the gold medal at the Sydney Olympics and world titles in Munich and Osaka with all ippon victories, using your skills from the standing position.

Inoue: I'm always aiming for ippon wins and improving my skills. When you throw your opponent down to the mat, it's clear to everyone who has won.

However, in my third-round match in Osaka I won by a shimewaza (choke hold). In any match you need to fight with determination to win by whatever works. Keeping that in mind, in practice I work on sharpening my techniques and pressing for an aggressive style.

Nagashima: Your judo is not just the execution of spectacular throws, it's a work of art. Your whole body is in silhouette. When you complete a throw, it's like an artistic display.

As you strive for victories, your quest for unlimited techniques is like art school. You never settle that "this technique will be enough."

Yomiuri: Mr. Inoue, we heard you watched the games on TV.
Inoue: I watched all three games. I was especially happy because I know how deeply Mr. Nagashima feels about the Olympics.

Yomiuri: Mr. Inoue, since becoming world champion in 1999, you've been the man to beat by judoka around the world.

Inoue: Even after becoming world champion, I didn't see any necessity to change who I am. I want to stay within myself as I constantly try to improve.

Ahead of the Sydney Olympics or the world championships, I trained to beat specific opponents according to the meet.

Now, though, I want to know how far I can take my judo. I am looking for a style that only I can do.

Yomiuri: Mr. Inoue, you also have a goal of ruling the open-weight category. Inoue: I want to win with my style no matter how big the opponent is or what country he's from.

At this point, the winner of the open category or over-100-kg is regarded as strongest in the world. I want to enter that realm. After Athens, I'll give it a shot at the next world championships in Cairo (in 2005). Yomiuri: In order to get to Athens, first you have to beat strong challengers like Keiji Suzuki in national qualifying. Inoue: The only thing is to go out there and win. I have to do what needs to be done, perfect my judo and plan the best course of action against my opponents. First I have to win the qualifiers, the national weight-category championship and All-Japan championship (both in April).

Yomiuri: By the way Mr. Inoue. I heard the theme of your masters thesis (at Tokai University) is the somewhat unusual "onomatopoeia." What about this?

Inoue: In English, it means the vocal imitation of sounds. I am studying this because I think there is a close association between language and sports.

I think Nagashima-san is the person who most uses onomatopoeia. "Twist your hip like 'baaaaaah.'" Does that come out naturally or are you conscious of saying it? Nagashima: I think it's just natural. The person hearing it will more readily accept what is being said if it comes naturally.

Yomiuri: Mr. Inoue, what are your expectations for progress in judo, which was introduced at the Tokyo Olympics.

Inoue: I think the important thing is not just to become stronger, but also to not forget the judo spirit.

Nagashima: I have a personal favor to ask you, Inoue. I met with Mr. (Anton) Geesink (a gold medalist in Tokyo) at the Osaka championships. He said that the one thing foreign judoka cannot grasp is the spirit of the martial art.

Martial arts are the way of the samurai. I want you to maintain the samurai way in the sport of judo as you keep your place on top of the world.

This is a culture fostered in Japan. I want you to protect it. That is my request.

Inoue: If that dies out, judo will be finished.

Yomiuri: Getting back to Athens, are you going to march in the opening ceremony?

Inoue: It feels great. To be there is fantastic. An interesting thing is that in the waiting room, athletes would start singing their national anthems while they were waiting. And they did it in order.

Nagashima: So they were singing while on standby. Did they enter the gate singing?

Inoue: Yes. It was something. One thing that didn't seem right was that the Japanese did not sing, saying they were too shy. But someone from another country brought in drums and they were banging away.

[link widoczny dla zalogowanych Użytkowników]

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024