• Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5566 postów
Neutralna
  • Zainteresowania:BJJ

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Terrere is back! :)

Legend wins again after almost four years

It's 2:05pm on a sunny Sunday in Copacabana, and the Zafira that stops in front of the cheap restaurant doesn’t carry only the star o the afternoon. It carries also hopes for better days for this illustrious passenger, who jumps off with a bottle of water, wearing a hood and a Dallas Cowboys jersey. On the back of the Jiu-Jitsu fighter, the number 22 and the name E. Smith.

Emmitt Smith was a sort of Terere of American football: fast, popular and victorious. Fernando Augusto, the Emmitt Smith of Jiu-Jitsu, says hello to everyone at the gate and swiftly gains some yards toward the sports court of the samba school Unidos da Villa Rica, focused on his return to competition after almost four years. In 2006, Terere had attempted to return to the mats in Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, but he quit after a few bouts. His fight, the high point of the 1st Intercommunities State Championship of Luta Livre and Submission Grappling, wouldn’t be only versus black belt Val do Santos (Gracie Ilha), but especially against a phase of personal problems and a complete lack of motivation to even put on the gi.

“Terere is my next door neighbor, I knocked there a month ago to tell him I was promoting my third event here at the Tabajaras. On the spot he asked me to match up a fight for him. I spoke with Ricardinho Vieira and he gave me full support, ‘Set it up because he’s been training with me nonstop,’” said promoter and black belt Dangelo Vieira, who would be the first to invade the mat to hug his friend after the ten-minute fight.
Before the fight, ordinary moments like Terere wrapping his old belt around his waist, or stretching were followed with enthusiasm by his friends, who were aware this was a historical moment. One of Jiu-Jitsu’s most popular fighters, and probably the black belt with the biggest fan club today, was about to do what he knows best: get the crowd on its feet.

In informal conversations with his mates, the GRACIEMAG crew collected sincere hunches. The prediction is to get the sub, one said. He has been training with tough guys like Allan Finou and Bob Esponja, and has impressed everyone, said another. His stamina is almost where it used to be, said a third one.

But Val, strong for an athlete weighing 70kg, went in willing to submit Terere. He couldn’t, though. Fernando pulled guard and almost swept at two minutes, tried for a lapel choke from underneath, swept, took down with a stunning seionage, went for a crucifix, and displayed good defense and counter-attack when his opponent assailed him. After almost 11 minutes of fighting (the man timing the fight must have also been too excited), few remembered the 4-0 score, but the main thing had already happened in the process.
It was 2:45pm on June 29, 2008, when the classic shout sounded again: “Ooh, Terere!”

budo_nefilim
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 postów
Neutralna
  • Zainteresowania:BJJ

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: Terrere is back! :)
Witam,

zawsze Marcelo Garcie mieszal :)

pono siedzial w paca, wie kto co o tym?

pozdr,
TM

budo_sawosz
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1121 postów
Neutralna
  • Zainteresowania:Luta Livre

Napisano Ponad rok temu

nie siedział w pace chyba ze masz na my lsi krótki epizod zatrzymania w USA za to że mu odjebało w samolocie... generalnie przeszedl załamanie nerwowe...

budo_joannaz
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

no przezylam lekki szok, jak pierwszego dnia po przyjezdzie do rio zobaczylam kulajacego sie obok Terere!
Widac, ze wraca powoli do formy, trzymam na prawde za niego kciuki...

budo_krystian lodz
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPip
  • 95 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

super tylko pozazdroscic, mozesz napisac gdzie teraz trenuje Terere ? Moze jakies fotki z treningow lub z nim :) Pozdrawiam

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024