• PipPipPipPip
  • 3402 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Fabricio Werdum - wywiad
Fabrício Werdum
By Alexandre Lobo

Werdum's exclusive from Croatia

Negotiations between Fabrício Werdum and Chute Boxe were almost done when a phone call changed Werdum's plans. It was Ken Imai, Mirko Cro Cop's agent, asking Werdum to train Cro Cop on the ground for the next three years. Living with Mirko in Zagreb, Werdum talked with TATAME.com. During the exclusive, Werdum talked about Mirko's evolution on the ground and still explained his trainings at Cro Cop Squad Gym.

How does Mirko come to you?
I was surfing at internet at home and suddenly my phone rang. It was Ken Imai offering me a three-years-deal to train Mirko in Croatia. He was offering me home, food and a nice payment a month! I said, of course!!! The only problem is that I had just announced that I was moving to Chute Boxe. but I couldn't loose an opportunity like that. Ken also offered me four fights at Pride per year!

Tell me about your train routine in Croatia?
I wake up early and at 7AM we run three kilometers. Then I do weight training and, during the next one hour, I do Jiu-Jitsu. We have lunch and we rest till 5PM, to the second part of the training. Till 8:30PM we do Boxing, Jiu-Jitsu and Vale-Tudo

Does Mirko have a flair for fighting on the ground?
At this time he wants most to know how to defend himself. Mirko is very explosive and a strong guy, who knows how to measure the distance. He has a good base, but his biggest problem was how to escape from the mounted position. Now he knows how to do. (Laugh) I can guarantee Mirko's ground game is much better that before. He asks me to teach him how lo escape from all submissions. The guy has a good future on the ground.

Are training strikes with Mirko?
Our Boxing coach, Vlador, gives me a special attention every day. I'm learning whatever I can and the best part for me at this moment was the physical training and the Boxing training. I do strikes with him every day! The weekend is just bed and a lot of ice on my legs.

We did a report about MMA's evolution in Europe. How is MMA level in Croatia?
I don't know much about that, because I haven't seen much. Mirko's team, Cro Cop Squad Gym, has ten fighters and, for me, Igor Pokrajac, Mirko's pupil, is great. They don't have many MMA events here and the local fighter's biggest problem is on the ground. But from now on I can guarantee that it's over!

And when will you debut at Pride ring?
On December 31st, but I still don't know who I'll be fighting.

budo_dollyo
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3402 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: Fabricio Werdum - wywiad
Werdum and Cro Cop: A great exchange
By Alexandre Lobo Pics: Fabrício Werdum's personal material

He was almost closing a deal with Chute Boxe when a phone call at the end of July changed Fabrício Werdum plans for the whole year and, at least, for the next two. Calling him was Ken Imai, Mirko Cro Cop manager in Japan, holding a three years contract on his hands, bringing food, a nice salary and four fight at Pride per year! This whole package to show the Soft Art secrets to one of the most furious striker of the world. 'It was just when I had said I was moving to Chute Boxe, but I couldn't deny', remembers the BJJ black belt. Two month later, Werdum celebrates the evolution on Mirko's ground game and takes the chance to improve his striking skills.

Dołączona grafika
Dołączona grafika
Dołączona grafika
Dołączona grafika
Dołączona grafika
Dołączona grafika

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024