• 3402 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Wywiad z W.Silva - Listopad
Interview with Wanderlei Silva
By Gleidson Venga
From Portal do Vale Tudo

[link widoczny dla zalogowanych Użytkowników]

Wanderlei Silva has just arrived from Japan where he had one of the biggest fights of his career, facing the North American Quinton Jackson. He is warning more will come soon to test the heart of his fans.

(Gleidson Venga) - Tell me about your fight against Quinton Jackson.

(Wand) - It was a very important victory as I was with the belt in line and he was a really good opponent. I was fighting under a lot of pressure, there were many people saying this time Quinton would win and it was a hard fight. I started the bout in a good pace, punching him, then he stalled and succeeded in taking me down. Actually the only moment I was in danger was in the end of the first round when he scored a knockdown. He stayed on top, but I could recover and enter between his legs putting back the guard. I tried a triangle and he passed (the guard) and delivered some shots. When the round ended I went straight ahead to the corner breathing, to recover myself, cause I did not know how long the fight would last. The second round started in this pace, we had some exchanging and we went to the ground. Suddenly the women announces "3 minutes", there were still 3 minutes, plenty of time. I recovered my breathing, we were stood up and I could hit him with two right hard punches, I gave him one knee and tried two more that didn't connect. Then I delivered one knee that hit him really strong, I could feel the impact of his face in my knee, in that moment I knew it was over. After that just happiness.

(Gleidson Venga) - It could be seen in your last fight, that you are kind of comfortable in the ground, trying submissions several times. Tell me about this.

(Wand) - I knew the fight would be in this position with guard and so, I kind of imagined how the fight would turn. I trained a lot with Cristiano and the guys, fighting from my back, so I got used with this situation. That's why I could give a good performance there.

(Gleidson Venga) - When you were entering the ring, what have you thought seeing
Quinton Jackson talking in the phone, as he wasn't worried with the fight?

(Wand) – He tried to psycho me emotionally or make a mind game with me, but I was decided and very focused in the fight, really determined and anything would get the goal out of my mind, I mean “the victory”.

(Gleidson Venga) – What have you told him in the end of the fight? Was it a “Finish”, like the last time?

(Wand) – This time, as he became a Christian, he was more polite. Not much, as he was a little bit crook, but he is “learning”. He stood up and came to congratulate with all the politeness possible, then I could just tell him that was just our job and we would see each other soon. I am pretty sure that another one will happen, this fight is already a classic one, next year there will be another!

(Gleidson Venga) – And how about Ricardo Arona? After the victory in the event, is he in the line again?

(Wand) – Arona will have to fight some more bouts to be able to face me soon. Maybe he can face me in the next year’s MW GP; if he wins one fight in the tourney, then probably we will face each other. It would be a pleasure to me to fight him.

(Gleidson Venga) – Are you going to enter the GP again?

(Wand) – To tell you the truth, yes,I want. I want to enter because it’s a huge show and I don’t wanna stay just viewing. I want to be in the ring, fighting. If God makes the path to this happen I am going with pleasure.

(Gleidson Venga) – It has been rumored about you facing Mirko Cro Cop in the New Years Evening. But now he has his opponent set for sure. Who’s gonna be left for you to face in the December, 31st?

(Wand) - Shit, the three guys I was thinking are already compromised. They have to sort it out who’s gonna be left for Silva.

(Gleidson Venga) – Maybe it’s Randy Couture

(Wand) – Wow, if it’s him, Santa Claus is saying “Ho ho ho” for me (laughs). That would be my Christmas gift! It would be awesome, because I felling pretty good and the last fight stimulated me. Since the fight against Yoshida I haven’t fought a long bout and I felt happy for being tested. My limits, thank god, are increasing even more, I am absorbing more punches, my physical conditions are great and in this pitch I can face anyone!

(Gleidson Venga) – In the end of the year, Pride will have great matches, like Minotaruro against Fedor, Yoshida against Rulon Gardner. Are you going to steal the spotlights again?

(Wand) – I always try fight good, but the most important is to put a good show. I was seeing a Jiu-jitsu match, the guy pass the guard, score some points and lay and pray there waiting for the victory. For me winning is not just the victory… Winning is to put a great show to the fans, make the crowd vibrate, that’s what I think is worthy! In my last fight I left with the victory, I was happy and so, but fighting great is what matters. I don’t’ give a shit, winning is just a detail.

(Gleidson Venga) – What’s your secret formula to sustain this winning strike for more than 4 years?

(Wand) – First it’s the God’s protection. He is blessing me more everyday. As I told my wife, God is taking care of me, just good things are happening in my life. Business are doing great, in the gym, we lost some fighters that used to train with us, but now we got some guys even better, these guys are really determined to train, giving their “face to slapped”. I see these guys with 20, 22 years old… There is Shogun, Ninja, Cyborg and everybody and then I realize how important this team is. The team training me, Cristiano, Rafael and Master Rudimar, all the technical staff, they are working really hard, you could see how everybody is putting great shows. Next year Chute Boxe will be head and shoulder above. We are going to conquer many titles in several tourneys.

(Gleidson Venga) – Band (Brazilian TV channel) has showed a special with you in Otavio’s Mesquita Show, last week. Tell us about it.

(Wand) – That was awesome! The guy is pretty cool and treated me well. He came and made an interview really nice. This is good publicity to Vale-Tudo, as it’s growing nowadays and reaching new levels, like Minotauro was in the Ratinho Show (another TV show one day before). The Brazilian is getting familiar with Vale-Tudo, as I told before… Vale-Tudo is fashion now. Everybody is seeing and liking. Last Saturday I went to Storm Samurai and the crowd was highly selected, with beautiful people, lot of women in the event, couples, even with children. The Vale-Tudo is really blowing in Brazil. We’re successful outside the country and producing each time more big names, I think it won’t stop anymore. The thing I want most is that many people have the opportunity to get everything I conquered as a fighter.(He was from a humble family) Nowadays, I have an structured life with dignity and with many efforts I can live only of my fighting work. Literally giving my sweat and blood, but it is worth!

(Gleidson Venga) – And how about the fans here in Brazil, what message would you like to send?

(Wand) – Dude, I spent many hours in the airport, and all the time I tried to run to enter in the “Portal” (Portal do Vale-Tudo). I read the Portal, Tatame and the Gracie, cause when I enter on Internet I read just these 3… I want to to send a hug to the guy that made homage for me in the Portal, he had to work a lot, made a cool message, put all my fighter history in details, that was pretty cool. And the guys that send messages to me, I am always reading and knowing you are my public. I am honored for representing Brazil and giving this happiness to you that like my work. We all know what is being addicted to Vale-Tudo. I am addicted! I love seeing fights and read what the guys talk about it. The Portal is standing out, because in Brazil I can not see other page leading, more informed. To tell you the truth it’s not you who makes the page, it’s everybody. Every guy that enters the Forum and creates a topic, he is making it happen. Indeed I have to congratulate all of you. I was in Japan and saw many pictures; there were some guys that took pictures of the TV screen and it’s pretty cool to see all this effort and support of all of you. I want to thank again everybody that root for me in the December, 31st, sending positive messages, woke up early and stayed the evening seeing the fight through the computer, having all this work just to watch and root for me fighting. So, deep from my heart, thank you very much and I hope God bless me fighting in the end of the year again. So I want to ask all your support again. I hope everybody keeps supporting this new age of fighters that is arising, criticizing when there is need.

BTW post a topic in the Forum “Say NO to the Lay&Pray, we want show!!!” Because if everybody put good shows, everybody wins. Winning or losing, it doesn’t matter, we want to see goal.

I want to thank God that helped a lot, protected me and tell the guys to be humble, have faith and pray, cause God certainly will help you.
A big hug.

budo_dusza
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: Wywiad z W.Silva - Listopad
No to juz wiadomo co Silva namaluje i wystawi za okno w Grudniu ...Dear Santa ...... :)

budo_badtrip
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: Wywiad z W.Silva - Listopad
Z jednej strony chwała mu za takie podejście z drugiej strony jednak jak się ma taką parę że wygrywa się wszystkie walki uderzeniami to łatwo mu mówić że trzeba walczyć efektownie ; ) Ale w końcu to powinien być sport dla wojowników a nie spryciarzy pokroju Ruiza choćby ; )

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024