7 odpowiedzi w tym temacie

budo_herostrates
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Wywiad z V.Silva
Wywiad niestety trochę nieaktualny(16-07-2003), ale chyba się jeszcze na budo nie pojawił.

[link widoczny dla zalogowanych Użytkowników]

Interview with WANDERLEI SILVA

By Gleidson Venga – Translated by Eduardo Alonso

Gleidson Venga: What did you think of Sakuraba being chosen as your first opponent at the Pride GP?

Wanderlei Silva: I found it a very good choice cause all the Japanese fans want to see me fighting against him again, and everytime I fought Sakuraba we made a good showing, so the public will have a good showing once again.

Venga: But what did you think of the Japanese promoters putting you to face him for the 3rd time in your career? Don't you think it may be too much?

Silva: This is usuall in Japan, fighters face each other a lot of times there and they believe Sakuraba can beat me. I don't think so and I fully trust my potential, so I think I'll beat him for the third time.

Venga: Do you think he may retire if he loses to you once again?

Silva: In fact, I don't think so. He is a good athlete, who does a lot of good fights there. I don't think so cause there's still a lot of people for him to face and he is a guy that sells out arenas, who draws the public, so I think he's still a huge name in Japan.

Venga: How is your preparation for the PRIDE GP going?

Silva: I'm doing an intense physical preparation with professor Waldemar Guimarães [former trainer of pro-bodybuilders such as Dorian Yates] and I did some work to gain a bit of weight. I reached 102kg and now I weighing 97kg, and I'm going down till 93kg, since the GP will be at this weight division. I'm doing some intensive Muay Thai training, as well as Jiu-Jitsu and cardio training. I'll be 100% there!

Venga: After being forced to stay on the sidelines recovering from knee surgery, how's your anxiety to fight again?

Silva: Well, in fact I was fighting all the time, so for me it seems like I never stopped and I'm still in fighting rhythm. I'm training hard all day, my whole life is focused on this event and I'm doing nothing but training and working. My life is changing a lot now, I'm going to have a son next month, and he is likely being born on the 15th of August, one week after my fight and honestly the anxiety is huge, my life is heading towards a great phase.

Venga: A lot of people hope, in part due to the commercial side of the thing for the UFC and in part cause this would match up two great strikers against each other, that you fight Chuck Liddell during the GP. What do you think about this?

Silva: This would be great, cause Liddell is a fighter with a style that works well for me, since I like to fight guys who will be willing to trade strikes, and I think that if we meet in the finals it's going to be an amazing fight, and the one who gets an easier semi-final will have the edge. But if I end up facing him I'll go right at him, and I think I can knock him out.

Venga: During this break you had to take, what did you think of the fights you saw in your weight division, and what did you think of the level of the fighters?

Silva: I think the division is more competitive, but for me this is great, cause when the fighter's levels go up it makes for better fights, and with that we attract even more of the public's attention, and I think this is very good . I like to fight good fighters, I don't like easy fights, so much that I never picked an opponent and I'm still not doing it. I'm training a lot to keep myself among the top of my weight division.

Venga: How did this opportunity to fight at the Pride GP appear? Did you ask to fight or suffered pressure from the promoters to do it?

Silva: In fact there was a major appeal from the fans. Pride was heavily pressured from the fans, cause everybody wanted me to fight, and I was receiving a lot of e-mails in my website due to my large fan base in Japan. I was receiving a lot of e-mails, a lot of people was wanting me to fight and everytime I fight there the house is packed, people get nervous "Silva is entering!" everybody gets their hands sweating, everybody gets nervous, and everybody knows they're going to see an exciting fight. I feel very proud to have reached this status, since PRIDE is the biggest show right now and everybody wants to fight there, this is very good for me.

Venga: Ever since your days at IVC 2 you don't fight in a tournament format. You may be in for this challenge again in Novemeber if you get past Sakuraba this August 10th. Are you planning any special preparation to face 2 fights on the same night?
Silva:The preparation is the same indeed. You have to prepare yourself to the most you can handle. It won't help to train 10 hours in one day, and then having to stay 3 days without training. It has to be an everyday thing. You gotta keep training and taking it, and I'm in this rhythm. I even just got back from the training, so the guy that can take more training and will be feeling better on the day of the event will have a lot more chances than the others that didn't prepare that well.

Venga: You fought Mirko Cro Cop one year ago and nowadays the guy is one of the top heavyweights in the globe. How do you rate his performance in the ring these days?

Silva: The guy is doing well, he did a fight there with Heath Herring [at PRIDE 26] and I even told Kawasakii [DSE Booker] "Man, I think Heath Herring won't be able to win" and it turned out that Cro Cop toyed with him. So, the guy's potential is growing and this is good for me, cause I look at my fight against him as a win, since it was a draw only because of the rules. As his stock goes up, I'm going up as well, so people can see that I didn't beat a slouch, and I'm among the top. Whoever things Silva isn't prepared is going to be in for a surprise, cause I'm entering this tournament and I'm going to win!

Venga: Minotauro may face Cro Cop at the same show, appart of the GP [now it looks this fight ain't going to happen]. What advice would you give him about this fight?

Silva: He has to go right at him with everything he has to win, cause if he trade strikes with him he is in for trouble. The guy kicks very well and if Minotauro wants to risk it he may end up being knocked out. He is very fast, and even I that train Muay Thai my whole life was surprised by some of his kicks. He has a very powerfull kick that if he manages to hit you your in trouble. You can even see that he knocked Herring down with some kicks to the ribs. You gotta be aware, and Mirko is also defending takedowns well now, it's a very tough fight.

Venga: And how is the training in the Chute Boxe camp going?

Silva: We're preparing Shogun now, since he is going to fight in a tournament in the USA [IFC] The training is focused on him now, and everybody is training. Ninja is very strong now, weighing 99kg, and getting ripped. Assuerio is weighing 111kg and he is also very strong, even so that a guy even runaway from him lately [Editor's note: Brazilian Top Team fighter Edson Drago withdrew from a Muay Thai fight against Assuerio in the last minute, already in the warm up, saying he was not feeling well] This guy disapeared with only five fights before his fight with assuerio, it was a major shame! So you can see that Assuerio is scaring people. He is going to fight Fabiano Scherner now at MECA, and I hope this guy won't runaway as well. So, we're training very hard and our team is getting more and more preared all the time. This year, with the help of God, we're going to have a lot of fights in the circuit.

Venga: To wrap things up, can you leave a message for your fans who will be supporting you in the PRIDE GP?

Silva: I want to ask the guys to support me, cause I'm Brazilian and will be defending our flag there. I'm training hard to not disapoint anyone. So, all of those who like me please send me the best feelings and support me. Whoever wants to send me a message can go to my website at [link widoczny dla zalogowanych Użytkowników] I'm there all the time reading the messages, and also sending message to talk with everybody. I also want to send a major hug to the folks at Portal do Vale Tudo, cause it's a great website, very well planned and with quick news where we can find out about everything that's going on. It's totally unbiased, and it's updated daily, it's great. A hug for everybody and please support us. Fighting is my life, I prepared myself a lot and I always try to do my best, thanks a bunch to those who always support me and send me good feelings. Thank you all.#

Pozdrawiam

budo_herostrates
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: Wywiad z V.Silva
Nowszy wywiad

Pozdrowienia

budo_kapu
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Te wywiady zostaly juz dawno przetlumaczone i wisza sobie na jednym takim polskim serwisie o mma

budo_herostrates
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Przepraszam zatem za zaśmiecanie (nieuświadomiony byłem)

Pozdrawiam

budo_administrator
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4477 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Nowszy wywiad

Pozdrowienia

dzieki

budo_mkimura
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3116 postów
Neutralna
  • Zainteresowania:BJJ/MMA

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Te wywiady zostaly juz dawno przetlumaczone i wisza sobie na jednym takim polskim serwisie o mma

A jakim?

budo_kapu
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

budo_mkimura
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3116 postów
Neutralna
  • Zainteresowania:BJJ/MMA

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Znany i lubiany. :)

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024