4 odpowiedzi w tym temacie

budo_pietrass
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Gwiazdy światowych zapasów
Chciałem w tym temacie przedstawić sylwetki najlepszych zapaśników świata.

Na początku Daniel Igali Kanadyjczyk z pochodzenia NigeryjczykDate of birth: 03.02.1974
Height: 168 cm
Weight: 75 kg
Club: Burnaby Mountain Wrestling Club
Coach: Dave McKay; Mike Jones;
Profession: athlete
active since: 1990
Jest aktualnym Mistrzem Olimpijskim, jest Mistrzem Świata z 1999 roku.
Prezentuje bardzo dynamiczny i widowiskowy styl walki.
Oto jego biografia:
My Biography
Full name: Baraladei Daniel Igali
Place of Birth: Eniwari, Bayelsa State, Nigeria
Date of Birth: 3rd Feb. 1974 (Aquarius)
Favorite Food: Chicken and rice

I grew up with my grand mother as I was very young when my parents went to study in England on scholarships. I still call my grand mother, mum to this day and call my mother, momsy. My childhood was split between the village (Eniwari Town) and the city in Nigeria.™

I cannot pinpoint when I started wrestling. In my tribe, the Ijaw tribe in Nigeria, wrestling is part of our culture, like hockey is to Canada. I therefore grew up knowing how to wrestle. Although in Nigeria, it was a traditional Nigerian folk style of wrestling. All one needs is to get a take down and the match is over.

I grew up among five girls, (I have five other sisters by my mother) and a variety of other brothers and sisters. There are 21 children at the moment (a complete soccer team with reserves if you include my mothers and father). I therefore did not have a shortage of wrestling partners and was notorious for having a different school uniform every month as I was always wrestling around and getting my uniforms torn.

I did not start freestyle wrestling until 1990, which also happened to be my first national championships. Nigeria is a poor country which does not have age group competitions, so my first tournament at 16 years of age was the senior national tournament. I was fortunate enough to win it on my first try and got a job as a wrestler at Plateau state in the northern part of Nigeria. Meanwhile my (JAMB) university entrance examination results went well and I went on to enter Mass Communications. But at the time, school was not my number one priority. Instead, I wanted to pursue my wrestling dreams and solidify myself as one of the best wrestlers in Nigeria. As you can imagine, my decision caused a few problems with my parents, but we were able to work out the difference so that I could continue to wrestle. I competed in my first African Championships in 1993 (Pretoria, South Africa) and became the African Champion at 62 k.g. the following year in Cairo, Egypt.

While being an African Champion was nice, my wrestling didn't really take off until I came to Canada in 1994 for the Commonwealth Games (where I finished 11th overall). The political situation in Nigeria was very volatile and my aims of studying along side sports were becoming impossible. So after the Games, I decided to stay in Canada. Tom Murphy was my first Canadian host and was able to help me get settled. I was later introduced to Dave Mckay at Douglas College, and subsequently to Mike Jones at Simon Fraser University and a partnership evolved. In three years at Simon Fraser University, I won 116 matches without a loss. I'm fortunate to have two of the best coaches in the world!

The turning point in my career came after I lost to Terry Steiner in the final match of the 1996 Clansman international tournament. I was leading 7-1 with less than a minute to go and ended up giving up six points and lost the match in over time. After this match, I vowed never to be embarrassed in that way again. With the help of my coaches I immediately changed my training regimen and went on to place 4th at the 1998 World Championships in Tehren, Iran. I also placed second at the 1998 World cup (which till today I believe I won), and later became the world champion in Ankara, Turkey. My Olympic stage is set, and I'm working hard to be the next Olympic Champion. However, it is going to be a tough road, but I believe the gods are on my side.

My hobbies include, Kabaddi (a traditional Indian sport), watching wrestling movies, soccer and surfing the Net. My greatest inspiration is my host mother, Maureen Matheny, who died of cancer five days after I won the World Championship. I have a lot of respect for her and she'll continue to be one my greatest inspirations. She, like the gods, will be with me in Sydney.

budo_pietrass
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: Gwiazdy światowych zapasów
No i kilka fotek

Dołączona grafika

Dołączona grafika
Z lewej Jae-Sung Jang (KOR) brązowy medalista olimpijski

Dołączona grafika

budo_mazepa
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Kurcze wiesz co Pietrass wszystko fajnie tylko szkoda ż po Angielsku :)

budo_pietrass
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Trzeba się uczyć jezyków :wink: .
Następnym razem postaram się in Polish

budo_pietrass
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

A tu Igali in Action.

Dołączona grafika

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024