budo_sos
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5566 postów
Neutralna
  • Zainteresowania:BJJ

Napisano Ponad rok temu

UFC FN 21: Florian vs Gomi!

Two-time lightweight championship challenger Kenny Florian expects to headline UFC Fight Night 21 against former Pride Fighting Championships titleholder Takanori Gomi on March 31, likely at the Bojangles Coliseum in Charlotte, N.C. ESPN’s MMA Live, a show on which Florian serves as an analyst, announced the matchup via Twitter on Thursday.

Florian has posted seven wins in eight fights, losing only to UFC lightweight king B.J. Penn in that timeframe. The popular 33-year-old last competed in December, when he submitted Clay Guida with a second-round rear-naked choke at UFC 107. Florian, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt and polished stand-up fighter, also holds victories against American Top Team’s Din Thomas, “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 5 semi-finalist Joe Lauzon and the highly regarded Joe Stevenson. Only two of his 13 UFC bouts have gone the distance.

Once considered the standard bearer in the lightweight division, Gomi will carry a two-fight winning streak into his UFC debut. He has not appeared on American soil since his ill-fated matchup with Nick Diaz ended in his gogoplata-induced submission at Pride 33 in February 2007; the result was later changed to a no contest after Diaz tested positive for suspected marijuana use. Gomi, 31, counts victories over former UFC lightweight champion Jens Pulver, Japanese standout Hayato “Mach” Sakurai, Strikeforce veteran Mitsuhiro Ishida and the world-ranked Tatsuya Kawajiri among his 31 career conquests. He has never been knocked out.

budo_bart
  • Użytkownik
  • Pip
  • 27 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: UFC FN 21: Florian vs Gomi!
Gomi jeżeli będzie w formie to go zje

budo_sos
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5566 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

moim zdaniem dostanie bęcki, lepiej by było jakby kogoś na rozpęd mu dali

budo_wiktorek
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

W sumie dobrze ze dostanei na dzien dobry Kenflo. Gomi musi udowodnic, ze jest rzeczywiscie tak dobry jak sie o nim mowi, jak byl dobry w Pride. Bardzo go lubie, ale obawiam sie ze troche mu sie przytylo i byc moze mu nie wyjdzie. Oczywiscie bede trzymac za niego kciuki.
Taki debiut to swietna sprawa. Kenflo ostatnio ladnie pokonal Guide wiec zapowiada sie dobra walka.

budo_balofy
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1592 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

normalnie nie wierzeze to powiem, ale america is getting better and better... :)

swoja droga kwestie moze odegrac standard u kogos kto przenosi sie do stanow: kondycja i zapasy.
u gomiego duza role odegra psychika jego. ciezko wyrokowac co do formy. byly na sherdogu kiedys linki do filmow jak trenuje w campie josha thomsona, wygladal przecietnie dosyc. ale jesli bedzie w formie... drzyjcie niemal wszyscy lw ;)

budo_sos
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5566 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Your fight with the peruvian-american Kenny Florian has been confirmed for March 31, at UFN 21. Any comment about this news?

There´s no much to say. This was already predicted. I´m preparing well and i won´t have problems adapting to the octagon. Mr. Florian is a fighter with good abilities, one of the best of his class in the UFC. He´s a good opponent for a good start. I can do a good fight for the audience and begin with a satisfactory result.

Have you studied Florian´s behavior during a fight? Have you analized his last bouts?

This (Florian´s behavior) honestly doesn´t bothers me. Nowadays, everyone that practices MMA knows how to fight against any kind of opponent. I know he´s a dangerous fighter, with a good ground work. In the UFC you have to face elite athletes and, of course, i´ll be prepared against any kind of threat.

If Kenny Florian wins he would clasify for the UFC´s LW belt, have you considered that possibility?

I always think on that. Since i entered into the UFC, i´ve always said that my goal is the belt. I would give that title to the japanese fans, is what we all want.

What do you think about the champion BJ Penn? You faced him in the past and was defeated. Can you beat him?

Of course that´s possible. He´s a huge fighter but i´m aware about my capacity and i know i´m the right person to cause him trouble in the UFC. I´m patient and would wait for my opportunity. But Mr. Dana White knows about the importance of that fight.

Many sustain that in Pride you lost against former UFC Nick Díaz cause you didn´t adjust to America. Are you afraid of this happening again?

I lost against Mr. Díaz cause i didn´t fight well due to not having an appropiate conditioning training, cause i though i was going to win the fight quicky. I´m not afraid about bigger, taller opponents. Mr. Lesnar, the HW champion, is an example. He doesn´t has great boxing technique or a good footwork, but his strengh is huge and it requires a great technique from his opponents to balance that. I´m not having that kind of problem in my weight class.

While staying in the USA you have sometimes trained with Randy Couture, Tyson Griffin and local athletes. Did you take that on advantage for getting used to the octagon?

When you train with great fighters, you always learn something. I have the intention of continuously train in the USA, but i haven´t make a decision on that. I´ve got some calls but haven´t thought enough about it.

Who do you consider the best fighter on the UFC, among all the weight classes nowadays?

For me the most complete fighter in the world is not in the UFC. Mr. Fedor is the best. However, Nogueira, Anderson and St. Pierre have impressed me a lot. Basically, the UFC has good fighters, the competition is high.

Besides you and Caol Uno, which other japanese fighter do you see having the chance to compete with the UFC´s LWs?

I don´t need to answer that. I care just about me and my team. Japan has a lot of valuable fighters that without a doubt could be between the best of the world.

Finally, how do you expect beating Kenny Florian on March 31st?

By 1st round Knock Out.

budo_radekanto
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Gomi swoje lata świetności ma już za sobą...nie sądze żeby wróciły...Florian pokazał ostatnio klasę ...według mnie jak Gomi wytrzyma z nim trzy rundy to będzie cud... 8)

budo_montesi
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Myślę podobnie. Stawiam na KenFlo. 8)

budo_corfe
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Ja również sądzę, że KenFlo wygra. To tak jak z Denisem Kangiem który również miał udowodnić swoją wartość dla amerykańskiej publiczności.

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024