budo_^hast^
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3373 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

3 dan dla Roya Harrisa
Yesterday was a day to remember!
Yesterday, after I arrived back in the States from Trondheim, Norway, I drove up to my BJJ instructor's school in Costa Mesa, California and had a private lesson with him. After the instructional and testing portions of my lesson, Professor Moreira and I rolled. Well, I don't know how to say this except to say it like it's in my mind: Professor Moreira kindly demonstrated why he is a seventh degree black belt and I am soon to be third degree black belt. Here's a brief recap of what happened:

First, Professor Moreira asked me to pass his guard. Not only did I NOT pass his guard, but I never even came close! AND, not only did I not come close, but he kept sweeping me (over and over and over again). No matter how many times I dug my shoulders into his thighs or dropped my hips down on his knees, I kept getting swept left and right. Now, that may not sound like much to some of you, but to those who know my game and have felt the pressure I exert while passing the guard.......well, you can only imagine my utter disbelief (coupled with a Cheshire cat grin) each time I flew through the air ! )

Next, Professor Moreira told me to lay on my back and he was going to try and pass my guard. I remember thinking to myself, "Aw yeah baby! Now you're gonna feel the power of the Boa." Pfffff, that lasted all of three seconds. What happened next was unreal: He passed my guard like I was a paraplegic! He did it once, twice, three times and more. I remember thinking, "THAT'S NOT RIGHT!" Professor Moreira and I were smiling and chuckling the whole time!

Next, Professor Moreira told me what I needed to work on and how I should go about training. Then, we went through the same two drills again. I tried and tried to pass his guard and I tried to stop him from passing my guard. I got a little closer to passing this time, but not by much. And of course, Professor Moreira passed my guard, AT WILL, with fluidity and finesse.

At the end of my lesson, Professor Moreira and I talked about my game and what needed to be improved. He congratulated me on my promotion, we set up another date for a private and then we parted ways.

On my drive back to San Diego, so many thought kept going through my mind. The main thought that kept repeating itself over and over in my mind was this: "Even though I got my butt handed to me today, I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!! Man, I haven't been handled like that in years! It feels great to feel like a kid again!"

Professor Moreira will be having a promotion ceremony this Sunday, November 14, 2004, at 3:00 p.m., at the following location:

South Coast Martial Arts-Boxing 3165 Harbor Blvd., Ste E Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (714) 545-5759

It would great if some of you could attend the promotion ceremony. Professor Moreira will be awarding me with my third degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He will also be promoting several other students during this time. Afterward, there will be a big Brazilian BBQ. I hope many of you can make it.

Good training to all of you,

Roy Harris

budo_tae tad
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2258 postów
Neutralna
  • Zainteresowania:Muay Thai

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: 3 dan dla Roya Harrisa
Kongratulejszons :)

budo_michal_m
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1034 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

ciekawi mnie jak idzie podopiecznym roya harrisa na zawodach bo nigdy nie widzialem jego nazwiska przy zwyciezcy jakichs waznych wydarzen.
jak to jest?
pzdr
free nelson mandela!

budo_^hast^
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3373 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

ciekawi mnie jak idzie podopiecznym roya harrisa na zawodach bo nigdy nie widzialem jego nazwiska przy zwyciezcy jakichs waznych wydarzen.
jak to jest?
pzdr
free nelson mandela!

Podopieczni Roya to Bjj Polska a tam jak wiadomo sa mocne postaci w Polskim Bjj.
Jak to jest na skale swiatowa (Mundial, Puchar Swiata) to nie za bardzo tam wiac nazwe jego szkoly czy nazwisko.

budo_michal_m
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1034 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

jakis dziwny ten roy harris.ogladalem film z seminarium w poznaniu, 35 minut tlumaczy prosta technike z gardy i wyklada jakies swoje filozoficzne tezy,przez ten czas mozna by powtorzyc ta technike 20 razy i poprawiac bledy, poczytac o technikach mozna w ksiazkach albo na internecie a na seminarium chodzi o praktyke,tak mysle.

budo_randori
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 postów
Neutralna
  • Zainteresowania:JJ

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Nie chcę wywoływać tu jakiejś wojny,ale słyszałem,że Roy Harris idzie tylko w kasę i tak naprawdę nic innego go nie interesuje

budo_herostrates
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Uczniowie Roya w BJJ Polska odnoszą sukcesy na imprezach międzynarodowych, zatem jego nauki wydają sie bardzo skuteczne. Człowiek ma poprostu opracowaną taką metodologię treningu.

Randori, nie pisz o czymś o czym od kogoś słyszałeś bo tamta osoba coś tam słyszała. Brzydko tak.

Pozdrawiam

budo_^hast^
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3373 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Nie chcę wywoływać tu jakiejś wojny,ale słyszałem,że Roy Harris idzie tylko w kasę i tak naprawdę nic innego go nie interesuje

Ja wiem ? Moze ktos czuje sie oszukany. Wydaje mi sie jednak ze takiego zdania nie maja o nim Polacy :wink:

budo_randori
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 postów
Neutralna
  • Zainteresowania:JJ

Napisano Ponad rok temu

oki moja wina nie chciałem nikogo urazić
poz

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024