budo_dollyo
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3402 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

CroCop - wywad

posted on sherdog.com by bananaboy:

This is short interview from few days ago from newspapers, nothing new in it. I am sorry if someone posted it earlier

CROCOP: I WILL LEAVE THE RING AFTER I WIN THE WORLD TITLE

Zagreb - Parliament obligationas aren´t a obstacle in his sport carrier. Two trainings per day, recently in his own gym, are his regular routine, because on October 31. on the Pride 28 event in Saitama he will have a fight against an American Josh Barnett.

Q-It seems that in Croatia you are not as popular as you used to be while there was TV broadcast of your fights in Japan. Do now people see you as a politician or a sportsman?
A-I think not, but I have to admit that less TV attention suits me well.

Q-You are soon moving into a new house, you´ve opened a new gym, you´ve got family. Is anend to sport career coming soon?
A-I will surely fight for few more years, I will stop when the trainings become hard thing to do, and not pleasure. There are few more opponents I would like to fight with. It´s too soon
to talk about my leaving, in this sport you reach your full strenght between 30 i35 years of life. The champion of the American UFC Randy Couture is 40 and is stil active. MMA is not swimming or gymnastics where speed and flexibility are crucial.

Q-How does family handles your working routine?
A-They support my every decision.

Q-What challenges left are there in this sport?
A-I would like to fight with Fedor Emilianenko, the Brazilian Minotauro and the Russian Sergei. The next duel against an American Josh Barnett will be huge challenge too. It´swhat is keeping me up in MMA.

Q-What about world title?
A-Sure, I´d love to be a world champion. If that would be acomplished during the next year, then I could consider about career ending.

Q-Are you affraid of consenquences for health?
A-Altough I have been in a ring for long, spelt much of sweat, I am not affraid of injuries.I am fully trained, besides that, the injuries in MMA are much less dangerous than those inAlp skiing. So far I have had alot of luck, the injuries went by me.

Q-Will you fight in Croatia at least one time before you quit?
A-One good-bye match I surely must do in Japan, but I want to end up my career in Croatia.

Q-Do you think of yourself a a politician or a sportsman?
A-As soon as i stepped into the parliament, I became a politician, but I am sportsman more than a politician.

Q-Do you still send your parliament payment into a charity for children?
A-Yes, and it will remain that way until the end of this year.

Q-What is the amount of that money?
A-I don´t know excatly, I don´t even see the payment, but I trust it´s about 13 000 kunas (1$=6kn).

Q-Are you intrested into candidating for next year?
A-I am not really thinking about it. I think that I will satisfy all my political ambitions in this year and that I will not be more intrested into politics.

Q-Why did you take Werdum for your sparring partner?
A-Mostly to improve my ground game. We train every day about two weeks and he is great sparring partner.

Q-Why Werdum?
A-He is 4 time world BJJ champion and is considered the best world expert in that skill. Werdum wants to fight in Pride too, but to do that, he has to improve his boxing skills. It´s my stronger side so I think we can help each other alot

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024