Napisano Ponad rok temu

AFC BRAZIL 1 - 28. 08. 2004
Dołączona grafika

August 28th in Nova Friburgo Country Clube Gymnasium, Nova Friburgo -
RIO DE JANEIRO
Fights start at 8:00pm
Subject to change

Main Card:

1. Julio Cesar (Champions Factory) vs Andre Emilio (BUDOKAN)

2. Lamar Silva (Champions Factory) vs Luis "Beicao" Ramos (Gracie Barra Combat Team)

3. Pedro Manuel (BUDOKAN) vs Peterson Mello (Boxe Thai)

4. Suyan Queiroz (BTT) vs Nilson Pugatti (Champions Factory)

5. Aaron Riley (ATT) vs Maicon Alarcao (Maicon Alarcao)

6. Marcel Ferreira (ATT) vs Eric Tavares (Ruas VT System)

Promotional single Muay Thai match
Edson Mendes Jr. (Anderson Franea) vs Bruno Carvalho (Champions Factory)

7. Roan "Jucao" Carneiro (BTT) vs Rodrigo Ruas (Ruas VT)

8. Mklton Vieira (BTT) vs Diego Braga (Gracie Barra Combat Team)

9. Jeff Monsen "The SnowMan" (ATT) vs Carlos Clayton "Mangueira" (Gracie Barra Combat Team)

budo_nechrist
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2092 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: AFC BRAZIL 1 - 28. 08. 2004
a co z Macaco? tak sie nim tu niektorzy zachwycali, az dostal dwa razy pod rzad w Pride i Meca i co? sluch o nim zaginal?

budo_dollyo
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3402 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Dołączona grafika

AFC Brazil I
Nova Friburgo Country Club, Nova Friburgo, Brazil
Saturday, August 28th, 2004

'The first AFC Brazil is exactly one month away' states matchmaker Miguel Iturrate. 'The card is set, the arena is set, we have the permissions we need, and all systems are go!'

The card will feature 3 fighters from American TOP TEAM traveling for 'road fights', plus an eclectic card of Brazilian fighters from across the spectrum of Brazil's MMA teams. 'We knew the talent pool was deep in Brazil, and we wanted a card that featured young up and comers' reveals the matchmaker. 'There are fighter from the Brazilian TOP TEAM, Gracie Barra Combat Team, Ruas Vale Tudo, Artur Mariano, Luis alves, Budokan and more. It goes to show how much the professionalism and the sport has grown in Brazil, that a foreign company can come in to Brazil and do a fight card full of Brazil v Brazil matches. Nothing captures the growth of the sport better.'

ATT's Aaron Riley returns to the ring aiming for the 155 lb division, taking on Maicon Alarcao, a promising young fighter. The 3 round bouts will see Roan Carneiro taking on Rodrigo Ruas in a battle of BTT v RVT. Highly regarded Milton Vieira takes on Aloisio 'Dado' Barros and Jeff Monson takes on v Carlos 'Mangueira' Clayton.

budo_dollyo
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3402 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Aaron Riley Talks About AFC Brazil

Dołączona grafika

PIC: Aaron Riley working on a previous AFC.

On August 28th Aaron Riley fights in AFC Brazil 1. Some confusion remains whether this fight will be at 155 or 160 lbs. but either way Aaron is dropping down from his previous Welterweight division.

Five videos or Aaron’s fights are available. WEF 8, HOOKnSHOOT 'Kings', and AFC 1 are his best distributed wins while UFC 37 and HOOKnSHOOT 'Showdown' are his best distributed losses to Robbie Lawler and Yves Edwards respectively. Even though he lost those two they were very exciting fights, making Aaron the perfect example of being remembered not so much for whether he won or lost but how he fought and who he fought. Keep in mind this was before he moved to Florida where he joined the American Top Team as reported on ADCC News on March 8th. At 23 years old Aaron has a record of 20-7-1.

KM: I don’t anything about your opponent for AFC in Brazil.
AR: Miguel (AFC’s matchmaker) is matchmaking the show. I’m sure he is going to be a worthy opponent. He scouts his guys so I respect my opponent. I know he is coming to compete, I know he is coming to fight hard so I know it will be a good fight.

KM: This is your second fight this year. How did the Nuri Shakir fight go? AR: I won the decision. I didn’t finish the fight decisively but there were a few times I had him in predicaments. I had him in a kimura at one point but didn’t finish. I had him I think pretty rocked on his feet; I landed some good knee strikes and had him a bit wobbly at one point. It ended up going to a decision, I won the decision. Really controlled the fight in all aspects.

KM: All I heard was from Nuri’s teammate Jorge Rivera who said he had a good slam on you…
AR: Oh yeah, he had a good throw for sure. He almost got two. People should look out for that man, he has a really good hip toss.

KM: With this being your second fight this year any concerns of ring rust? I know ATT is going to put you through the paces but how do you feel about that?
AR: You always want to stay active. At this stage in my career it’s all about taking the right fights. People know who I am so it’s not so much to get my name out there, it’s all about choosing the right fights or the fights that make sense.

KM: Sponsors to thank?
AR: For sure American Top Team. Tapout has been with me, sponsoring me always. I thank the fans for supporting me and supporting the events. Keep on keeping on.

budo_dollyo
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3402 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Athletes reaching Rio for AFC Brazil

The first fighters to step in the Absolute Fighting Championship Brazil, which happen on August 28, started to reach Rio de Janeiro. The American Aaron Riley, Maicon Alarcão's opponent, was the first one to leave to Nova Friburgo, where the AFC will be held. Next Thursday, is time to Marcel Ferreira and Jeff Monson, both from American Top Team reach the town. The American promoter Miguel Iturrarte is expected next Friday.

budo_dollyo
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3402 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

- André Emílio submitted Júlio Cesar in R3;
- Luis Beição defeated Lamar Silva by TKO in R1;
- Peterson Mello submitted Pedro Manuel in R1;
- Suyan Queiroz defeated Nilson Pugatti by TKO in R1;
- Aaron Riley defeated Maicon Alarcão by TKO in R1;
- Marcel Ferreira defeated Eric Tavares by referee's decision;
- Roan Jucão Carneiro defeated Rodrigo Ruas by referee's decision;
- Milton Vieira submitted Diego Braga in R2;
- Jeff Monson defeated Clayton Mangueira by referee's decision;

Muay Thai bout
- Bruno Carvalho defeated Edson Mendes Jr. by referee's decision;

budo_dollyo
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3402 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

AFC Brazil 1 - A Look Back!
Submitted by: Denis Martins

Dołączona grafika
PIC: Monson unloads a barrage on 'Mangeira'. Monson controlled the match, but the Gracie Barra fighter gave him fits throughout!

The Absolute Fighting Championship group has been running events in south Florida since December of 2002, and they recently pulled off their first event in Brazil, at the Nova Friburgo Country Club last August 28th. The event featured 9 MMA matches and a Muay Thai match, and was well received by a crowd of nearly 2000.

'Mission accomplished.' states matchmaker Miguel Iturrate. 'I want to thank local promoter Alex Davis and all his staff - they did a great job for our first event, and I think we established a good foundation for more shows. Our goal was not to be the BIGGEST event out there, but to do a solid event that featured great fights. My thanks also go out to all the fighters and coaches, who definitely delivered in the ring. Without them, this event would not have been possible'.

COMPLETE RESULTS & DESCRIPTIONS- MMA Matches 3 rounds of 5 minutes

Under 83kg: Andre Emilio (BUDOKAN, 80kg) def. Julio Cesar (Champions Factory, 83kg) by guillotine choke at :41 of R3

Emilio weathered a storm! Cesar came out and won the first round decisively, at one point coming close to finishing with a flurry. A trademark of Budokan fighters is that they dont give up, and Emilio hung around. In the 2nd round, Cesar was spent, and Emilio started to establish his game. In the 3rd, Cesar absrobed some shots, and his takedown attempt saw him lose to a guillotine. A very game performance by Emilio.

Under 83kg: Luis 'Beicao' Ramos (GBCT, 83.3kg) def. Lamar Silva (Champions Factory, 83.2kg) by TKO [referee stoppage] at 1:00 of R1

'Beicao' came out and exploded! Silva was getting hit hard on the groundwhen the ref stopped it.

Under 80kg: Peterson Melo (Team Boxe Thai, 80kg) def. Pedro Manuel (BUDOKAN, 80.2kg) by choke at 4:22 of R1

Melo was impressive, as he controlled the round throughout. He was a bit smaller than his opponent, but he kept good distance and he did not get hit on his feet. Melo pressured with takedowns, and once on the ground, he won the position game and got the back. From there, Manuel hung on gamely, but Melo finished in impressive fashion with a rear naked choke.

Under 72kg: Suyan Queiroz (BTT, 72kg) def. Nilson Pulgatti (Champions Factory, 72.1) by TKO[doctor stoppage] at 1:10 of R1

Suyam was the local fighter, and he made the audience roar. Pulgatti came to fight, but he got put on his back by an aggressive fighter who started throwing heavy punches immediately. Pulgatti battled back, but Suyam kept the pressure and landed a face splitting punch that literally had girls crying in the front row. The ref and doctors had no choice but to stop it.

Under 71.5kg: Aaron Riley (ATT, 72kg) def. Maicon Alarcao (Team Maicon Alarcao, 71.6kg) by TKO [broken foot] at 4:10 of R1

Alarcao is known for a good submission game, and from the outset, he wanted the fight on the ground. Riley defended the takedowns, and got up quickly from the scrambles, though Alarcao was pressing the action. Somewhere, Alarcao suffered a knee/foot injury that caused the match to be halted. Afterwards, Riley stated 'I feel like the fight was getting ready to start'. Alarcao deserves credit, fighting a tough guy, and his foot was definitely damaged soemwhere.

Under 85kg: Marcel Ferreira (ATT, 85.3kg) def. Eric Tavares (RVT, 85.5kg) by unanimous decision

Tavares looked very strong in the opening round, defending takedowns well and trying to throw big punches. Ferreira has shown a knack for getting it to where he wants to be, and he got Tavares to the ground and started taking rounds away. Tavares was game on the ground, defending some tricky sweeps when he did get on top, and holding Ferreira's rear naked choke attempt off twice. In the end, Ferreira threw plenty of leather at Tavares from behind, and he won the decision against perhaps the toughest opponent he is yet to face.

Under 84kg: Roan 'Jucao' Carneiro (BTT, 84.5kg) def. Rodrigo Ruas (RVT, 84.5kg) by unanimous decision

This was the most tense fight of the night, as Ruas is one of the toughest guys you will ever meet. From the outset however, it was Jucao who forced Ruas to defend with a lot of pressure. Jucao go the takedowns early every round, not eager to trade with a RVT fighter in the stand up game, but his relentless G&P pressure did a lot of damage to Ruas' face and head. Ruas had a hard time staying off his back, and though he displayed good ground work and defense, Jucao's pressure saw the damage add up - Ruas made him work until the end, but Jucao was given the clear decision. Afterwards, many were calling Jucao the Fighter of the Night.

Under 74kg: Milton Vieira (BTT, 74kg) def. Diego Braga (GBCT, 74.5kg) by anaconda choke at 4:25 of R2

One of the wizards at BTT, Vieira was met head on by Gracie Barra's Diego Braga, who fought an unbeleivably high pressure first round. Milton is long and lean, tricky and mean however and he stayed on top and pressured well. In roud 2, Milton slowed the pace down ad worked hard for a version of the know famous BTT choke - Braga fought it for several minutes, but in the end, the patirnce and technique of Vieira came out on top.

Over 100kg: Jeff Monson (ATT, 106.5kg) def. Carlos Clayton 'Mangueira' (GBCT, 123.3kg) by unanimous decision

Mangeira came to battle, and he pushed Monson into a takedown game with good stand up. Mangeira used knees and a good clinch to try to keep the fight standing, and 2x he landed head kicks, but Monson is near unstoppable when the competition is on. Monson fought for the takedowns and almost always landed on top. He pulled guard and swept to open round 2, and throughout he threw attritive leather at Mangeira. Monson went for his trademark choke when he got to the north-south position, but Mangeira flashed some technique as he defended well. In the end, Mangeira lost the decision after absorbing all that Monson had to give.

Muay Thai match (5x3 roundsxminutes)
Under 70kg: Bruno Carvalho (Champions Factory, 70.2kg) def. Edson Mendes Jr. (Anderson Franca, 70kg) by unanimous decision

This match had the crowd on there feet! Both men came swinging and maintained a high pace throughout. Towards the end of the fight, Carvalho had established himself, while Mendes was showing signs of fatigue after a very game effort.

budo_dollyo
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3402 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Dołączona grafika
Mangeira and Monson at the weigh ins.

Dołączona grafika
Carlos Dias the AFC ref handles the rule meeting.

Dołączona grafika
Jucao and Ruas turned out to be the most tense fight of the night.

Dołączona grafika
Riley in the 150's for the first time in his career.

Dołączona grafika
Emilio of Budokan takes it to his tired opponent in the opening bout.

Dołączona grafika
Tavares holding Ferreira off

Dołączona grafika
Ferreira working to finish in Round 2.

Dołączona grafika
Tavares and Ferreira Ferreira went back and forth.

Dołączona grafika
Ferreira again dominates position.

Dołączona grafika
Jucao (left) was agressive throughout - the 15 minute pace he kept was unbelievable.

[link widoczny dla zalogowanych Użytkowników]
Riley and Alarcao square off.

Riley fights off the takedown.

Suyam was the local hero who got the biggest pop - in more ways than one!

The Muay Thai battle had the crowd on their feet.

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024