2 odpowiedzi w tym temacie

budo_kocyk
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

wywiad z Couturem( ang.)
Andre Courtemanche recently interviewed undisputed UFC light heavyweight champion Randy Couture regarding his upcoming title defense against Vitor Belfort in UFC 46, scheduled for January 31st. Here are some of Couture's comments:

Couture on how long he'll continue to fight past the age of 40: "Everything is great. A lot of people want to know how long I can continue on in the sport. I'm still progressing and I enjoy it immensely. I'll stick around for as long as I feel good and continue to grow as a fighter."

Couture on the differences between his first fight against Belfort, and his upcoming second fight against him: "I think he's a little more mature now and he gets better prepared. He was only 20 when I fought him the first time. I think he was caught up in a lot of the hype that surrounded him. He's a little more settled now and married and his personal life is in some order. I think he'll be better prepared and he's added in some new things to his game. He's always been a great athlete and dangerous and you have to be ready to go when you face him."

Couture on cutting down to light heavyweight (205 pounds): "Is it hard to make this weight? Not at all. My weight has been great. I'm already around 210, which is five pounds over the weight class. This weight is a real natural place for me to compete. I think this is where I belong. Technique-wise and physically I'm competing better than I ever have. The biggest thing is mobility and agility. Not carrying the extra pounds has made a big difference for me. The guys at 205 are strong, but when you don't have to push around that weight it makes a big difference. I feel more explosive."

Couture on what his ultimate goal as a light heavyweight is: "It's my goal to unite this weight class between Pride and UFC and fight Vanderlei Silva. I'm not sure it'll ever happen with the two federations being what they are, but from a competitive standpoint, it would be unique to the sport."

Couture on the specifics of a possible unification bout against Vanderlei Silva: "I would pretty much do whatever needed to be done to fight Vanderlei. I'm more interested in unifying than I am in the details of making it happen. Vanderlei is the guy to fight right now and I'd do anything to make it happen. The rules, venue, the ring vs. the cage; none of it really matters to me. I'd be willing to make concessions to make that fight happen. The old UFC days you could kick a guy who is down and head butt and knee, so I don't care if it's under the Pride rules. Vanderlei is a great competitor. I'd fight anybody really. I'm not particular."

Fightsport :) :)

budo_helio
  • Użytkownik
  • Pip
  • 33 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: wywiad z Couturem( ang.)
Widać, że Randy Couture bardzo chce połączyć dwa tytuły ale nie sądzę by pozwoliły na coś takiego władze Pride czy UFC...jeśli jednak taka walka by się odbyła byłoby ciekawie 8)

budo_kocyk
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Re: wywiad z Couturem( ang.)
plany ma dalekosiezne ale czy dalby rade silvie :?: moim zdaniem raczej nie Van jest kozak :)

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024