budo_trochim
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Randy Couture - wywiad
Dołączona grafika

Tyrone: What is your first impression of UFC? Which was the one you've seen?
Randy:
UFC9 was first I ever saw. I watched Don Frye and other wrestling friends compete and was very intrigued by the sport.

Tyrone: Who was your favorite fighter in the primary UFC?
Randy:
I don't have a particular favorite. I like to watch all the fighters, analyze their approach to the sport and the techniques they use to compete.

Tyrone: Was it easy for you to shift from wrestling to NHB ?
Randy: The transition from wrestling to NHB wasn't real difficult. Wrestling is obviously a very aggressive sport and a very technical sport. I think any wrestler with an open mind and willingness to learn new techniques can find success in NHB.

Tyrone: How long did you prepared for UFC game?
Randy:
I had 5 days to prepare for my first UFC hwl. Tournament. I was in great wrestling shape, but had to done no fight training. I was fortunate to win the first tournament, as a pure wrestler.

Tyrone: Did you find any trials to start NHB?
Randy:
The most difficult part was learning striking. I'd never been punched in the face, or punched anyone else for that mater. so there was definitely a technical adjustment to be made there.

Tyrone: Tonny Halme(Tonny Holm) was your first opponent in Octagon. He is only the Viking to fight in UFC ever from Scandinavia. Do you remember the game?
Randy:
(Big smile) Of course I remember Tony Halme. I thought he was huge! I weighted 100kg. He weighted about 140kg. I wasn't sure what I'd gotten myself into. It was an interesting mix of fear and adrenaline. Fortunately it all worked out, in about 50 seconds.

Tyrone: You cut the weight and entered Octagon in the new version shaped up Randy Couture. It is amazing you can keep your condition so good. How do you work on it? Do you have secret?
Randy:
In 30 years of experience training in wrestling. I've learned to train smarter, not harder. The weight came down very easy. because of my wrestling experience. I think I've been blessed with good genetics and no serious injuries. That allows me to compete at high level even at 40.

Tyrone: What was your weight in 20 and 30 years ? What did it happened differences in the function of reflexions, heart and lung function, mentality, recovery, learning ability and so on after cutting weight ?
Randy:
In my 20's I wrestled at 82kg which was difficult to make. In my 30's I wrestled 90 - 97kg. I think my endurance and overall condition is best right now,but my body does take a little longer to recover than it used to.

Tyrone: Do you remember Japan Vale Tudo, the fight between Enson Inoue ?
Randy:
Yes, it was 1998 December in Tokyo. And it was my first lost by armbar.

Tyrone: In 1999 March 22 RINGS Rise 1. vs Mikhail Illoukhone. We Japanese regards the match was disc. Do you remember the fight?
Randy:
It was a controversial fight. I didn't tap but the referee stopped the fight. What could I do more ?

Tyrone: What is your impression of Vanderlei Silva ?
Randy:
I am focused on the fight of Vitor which is coming in UFC46. I will think about Vanderlei after that(smile).

Dołączona grafika

Tyrone: Can you comment about Dan Henderson ?
Randy:
I think Dan Henderson is an extremely talented fighter. He has been wrestling since 5 years old. His right hand is awesome..

Tyrone: Do you train with Maurice Smith ?
Randy:
Yes, I train with Maurice Smith in Seattle. He is a good coach and a friend of mine. My family all lives in Seattle, so it makes it easy to go there and train. I can also work there with Matt Hume who is also a very good trainer.

Tyrone: Is your daughter fighting in NHB?
Randy:
She did matches in submission wrestling. She is studying now. She is 19 years old. Yes,she has been training Judo, BJJ, kickboxing and submission wrestling. If she wants, she will fight in NHB. That's what she will decide.

Tyrone: What was your impression to see Dan Henderson and Murilo Bustamante? Did you see the head butt ?
Randy:
Yes, I was in Dan's corner. There may have been some incidental head contact. that happens sometimes in fighting. I believe the left knee and the right hand are what finished the fight.

Tyrone: Kazuhiro Hamanaka has quit the training. Can you comment about him ?
Randy:
Yes, he has stayed at my house training. And I heard he's quit. I think there's different systems between Japan and US but I may say it was too early for him to fight in such a big match. I remember he has a good wrestling base and a hard working man.

Tyrone: What was your most impressive fight in PRIDE Final Conflict ?
Randy:
It was absolutely the match between Minotauro vs Crocop. An awesome game. Nogueira is such a great fighter. He tried all his best to the moment and he finished him in armbar. Very impressive fight. And Crocop is a wonderful fighter too.

Tyrone: What was the toughest fight ?
Randy:
It was the match between Pedro Rizzo. I still remember the low kicks and I got so many. (smile)

Tyrone: Do you remember the first day of your wrestling in 10 years old?
Randy:
I started wrestling with my friends. We went to the tournament. I remember I got my first nosebleed and threw my first headlock. (smile)

Tyrone: Did you make the rapid progress in wrestling from the beginnings?
Randy:
No, I didn't do so from the beginnings. My wrestling improved in the curve up and down progress. Later I made the junior champion, State champion and so on.

Tyrone: I heard you are skiing much. What was the environment when you were a child? Did you live in a mountain? Why didn't you chose ski ?
Randy:
Yes,I live 1 hour to the ski mountains. Skiing is an expensive sports. You need much money to catch up the trainings and the competitions. For instance you need different board to the different competitions. Besides you have to buy all those wears and shoes. It costs 40 to 50 dollars for the lift one day.

Tyrone: What kind of child were you ? Did your parents enjoy sports too?
Randy:
I was pretty active as a kid. My mother kept me in all kinds of sports to keep me out of trouble ! I think she enjoyed watching me compete in all sports very much.

Tyrone: I saw you in Octagon with Jet Lee. I saw Chuck and Tito too. Did you enjoy the casting?
Randy:
Yes, I've lost to Jet Lee (smile). The casting took for 7 days. I enjoyed the cage with Liddel and Tito.

Dołączona grafika

Tyrone: Have you ever thought to quit this sport?
Randy:

No, I haven't. But the accident which has happened in Rico's match was the worst one. I injured my left eye with his punch. I broke my eye born near the nose and even the muscle around eye was damaged much. It was a crisis and I thought it would end my fighting career at that time. But it was not. The damage was recovered and there's no problem at all by now.

*UFC Randy Couture vs Rico Rodriguez

Randy dominated the 1st, 2nd and 3rd RD with ground controls and strikes. In end of the 3rd RD near the cage Randy suceeded to take Rico's back and started to shoot punches and knees. But Rico stands up and takes Randy's leg succeeds to take down. Rico rains down punches and elbows in the half guard. The 4th RD taking down and pushing Randy into the cage Rico's elbow rains down one to another. The 5th RD again the Rico's powerful rocket take down caught Randy pushing into the doge. Rico shoots down the elbows to Randy around the eyes. Referee stopped the game.

Tyrone: What is your best memories?
Randy:
My best memory is... To win in Vitor and Tito in octagon. Mostly people thought there were no chance for me. But I overthrew the establishment and won the game. Those were my precious moment.

Tyrone: I think you've been quite much experienced though all the wrestling careers as tough trainings, hard diets, hundreds of competitions. What is NHB in your life?
Randy:
NHB has been very important in my life. It's fueled my competitive spirit and allowed me to financially support my family.

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024