• 3675 postów
Neutralna
  • Zainteresowania:BJJ/MMA

Napisano Ponad rok temu

rozmówki z Minotauro
RODRIGO 'MINOTAURO' NOGUEIRA

Dołączona grafika

na adcc pojawił się wywiad z minotauro, tym samym co wykończył sappa

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Was Bob Sapp the toughest opponent of your career?

'Minotauro': Due to his strength, that was a very tough fight. However, he
wasn't the most technical, or the best fighter whom I've faced off against, Mark Coleman and Heath Herring were. Sapp is a hard guy to beat, but I was confident that I'd win. That pile driver was his strong point in that fight, and I didn't fight well in first round due to that.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Did you change your tactics inside the ring for Sapp?

Minotauro: I wanted to expend his gas on the ground, and to land some punches on the feet. I got to do this, and I think that I was better on the feet. To trade blows with him if he's not gassed would have been a bad thing for me.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: That was the biggest weight difference between two heavyweights. What's your opinion on this?

Minotauro: That was a stupid weight and strength difference. If I didn't have technique and fought with a guy who was 65kg, if he were to try an armbar I'd escape due to my strength. Also, I'd eat punches without problems due to my weight. If I had the same weight and height as Sapp I'd 'kill' him in the ring.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: It seems that fighters with Sapp's size will be seen more frequently in the NHB shows in the next year. Does this represent any kind of danger to you?

Minotauro: Seems that the NHB's future will be one of many mutants (laughs). I think that they need to do a new (super)heavyweight category.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Was that pile driver the worst moment for you in that fight, or did Sapp affect you in other ways?

Minotauro: No doubt about it. His punches didn't stun me because I'm used to training with hard punchers.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Besides that armbar, which defined the fight, did you feel there were other times where you could have submitted him? 'Minotauro': I almost put a triangle on him, but he body-slammed me twice, and when I adjusted the position, he escaped with technique.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: What about those technical movements that Sapp used during the fight? Allan Goes was reported as being the one that taught Sapp those moves.

Minotauro: I'm upset, he trained with me. I'll never do this to anyone who I trained with.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: You said on the feet you were better. Do you feel you came close to KOing him?

Minotauro: I threw good combos. I've certainty that, if I were the heaviest, he'd be KO'ed with a straight punch, which I landed.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Some fans want to know, why didn't you throw punches in Sapp's face when you got the position for armbar sine he tried to hurt you bad with that pile driver?

Minotauro: I'm an athlete, not a brawler. I submitted him with technique. I'm in the ring to give a show, and not to hurt my opponent, or to try to step on him after my victory.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: What was your reaction when Josh Barnett challenged you after that war against Sapp?

Minotauro: That was an inopportune moment. Maybe that's part of show, I don't know. But I think that he should have respected me, since I was coming from a hard fight and I was very tired. Others interesting points are: Barnett was in Sapp's corner, I armbarred Sapp. Barnett was in Coleman's corner, I submitted Coleman. Barnett was in Tsuyoshi Kohsaka's corner, 'Minotoro' decisioned Kohsaka. Also, Barnett was in Akira Shoji's corner, Filho armbarred Shoji. So the score is in my favor (laughs).

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: He said in a recent interview he (Barnett) said he would beat you. What do you say to this?

Minotauro: I respect his talent, but I'd beat him.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: What do you really think about Barnett?

Minotauro: He's tough, and he's the former UFC heavyweight champion, but there're other fighters (besides Josh) who can face me first.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Who would you like to face?

Minotauro: Ricco Rodriguez, Emelianenko Fedor, Hidehiko Yoshida, Kazuyuki Fujita, and Mirco 'Cro Cop'.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Rodriguez to avenge that ADCC match?

Minotauro: Yeah.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Why not Tom Erickson?

Minotauro: I'd fight him, however he likes to stall and it'd not be a good show for the fans.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Did Pride matchmakers give you Sapp because you fought in UFO?

Minotauro: I don't know, there're a lot of rumors in Japan about this (laughs). No problems, I'm the Pride heavyweight champion and I'm ready to face whomever it will be. I don't choose my opponents.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Why did you fight in UFO?

Minotauro: When I signed my contract in 2001 with Pride, my manager put in there that I could fight in UFO, or Inoki Bom-Ba-Ye in 2002. So, the Pride matchmakers were a bit concerned that I'd not be able to fight in Dynamite, but as everyone saw, I did. Also, I want to speak to the fact that I faced Sapp because nobody wants to fight him.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Did you find yourself feeling a bit tired in Dynamite due to the fight in UFO?

Minotauro: Yeah, I was a bit tired. Jet-lag and sinusitis were my toughest opponents (laughs).

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Do you still intend to fight in K-1?

Minotauro: I've every intention of doing so, but right now my main concern is the fights in Pride. I want to be undefeated this year in Pride. My plans for K-1 will begin next year when I'll dedicate myself to Muay Thai. I will go to Holland in January.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Pride 23, opponent Semmy Schilt, another giant. What're your thoughts?

Minotauro: I knew last November 5th that I'd be facing Schilt. I have a tactic in my mind, and I'll take advantage of these next two weeks to train hard.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Will Schilt pose the same threats as Sapp did?

Minotauro: They're both giants. I think that Schilt has better kicks, and his punches are more technical than Sapp's also. He can prove this in K-1, where he(Schilt) will be facing Sapp in the first round. His ground game is improving, but I'm confident.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: So it will be hard to find the ideal distance on the feet?

Minotauro: I've trained for this.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Did you expect to fight in Pride 23?

Minotauro: Nope, I was hoping for a fight between Herring and Emelianeko Fedor, and to face the winner in December. If I wasn't training I'd not have accepted this fight, but because I was already in training, I now have this privilege.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Do you feel you should have to face Heath Herring again?

Minotauro: I beat him without any doubt the first time. So I think that there should be no reason for another fight, at least not now.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: If he (Herring) beats Fedor, would an immediate fight against him be premature?

Minotauro: I think that Pride's heavyweights should fight more amongst themselves. Fights such as Fedor x Sapp, Schilt x Erickson and Herring x Coleman would be welcome. After these fights, they could choose an opponent for me. But they prefer to risk repeating a fight. Why only tough fighters for me? I faced a 170kg last time, and next I'll face a 130kg. The Pride middleweight champion got a rest in Dynamite. I want to fight, and whomever they put in front of me, I'll face. I don't choose my opponents, but Pride needs to take care of my best interests (laughs).

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Who do you pick between Fedor and Herring?

Minotauro: I haven't watched many fights from Fedor. He's talented, however, Herring is more experienced and the stronger of the two. I prefer to not pick.

FIGHTWORLD Brazil: Can we expect a good show in your fight?

Minotauro': Once again I'll try my best. I'm always looking for submissions. My fans are seeing that I'm only facing tough fighters, and I'm proving that they can believe in me. Also, my new web site - [link widoczny dla zalogowanych Użytkowników] - is coming soon, please try to check it out.

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024