budo_nuit
  • Użytkownik
  • PipPip
  • 78 postów
Neutralna

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Muay thai & BJJ (ang.)
The belt is in the ring

Muay Thai or Thai Boxing is a self-defense technique that was developed and tested in battle by the ancient warriors of Thailand. Today, the Thai military as well as the U.S. SEAL teams and members of the CIA continue to use its effective striking techniques. In addition, it is also the National Sport of Thailand.There are four major components to Thai Boxing: (1) Punches, (2) Knees, (3) Elbows, and (4) Kicks. Thai boxers do not earn belt colors typical of Karate and Tae Kwon Do schools. Instead, Muay Thai practitioners test their skills in the ring. In fact, the only belts Thai boxers are concerned with are the Lumphini Stadium and the Ratchadamnoen Stadium Championship belts.

Most Thai males will at one time or another acquire the skills of Muay Thai. My father gave me my first Muay Thai training, which he learned in the Royal Thai Army. Most professional fighters begin their careers as early as six or seven years of age, and will fight in major stadiums early in their teens. This intensive training have allowed Thai boxers to dominate the world in full contact bouts. Holland is a close second. The skills of Thai Boxing is also superior to other striking systems. Only grapplers who practice real combat grappling like Brazilian Jiu-Jit-Su and hybrid stylists (who combine Muay Thai techniques with grappling) have been more successful in individual confrontations. Indeed, combining Muay Thai with grappling and weapon systems have given me a defense system that is simple enough to work in most modern situations. Remember that before devoting precious time to incorporate an art, one must ask oneself: "Is that particular art effective for the average size individual?" It is too often that we see gigantic men perform successfully in confrontations, but when the average size individual tries to apply the same techniques, it simply doesn't work! I like both Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-Jit-Su because a small person can learn to apply it effectively in a short period of time. Not all of us have 30 years to learn how to protect ourselves.

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024