• 3675 postów
Neutralna
  • Zainteresowania:BJJ/MMA

Napisano Ponad rok temu

Interview With Enson Inoue - ang
Interview With Enson Inoue
Conducted January 11, 2002

Dołączona grafika
Enson Inoue's fight with the PRIDE Heavyweight Champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on February 24th (Pride 19) at Saitama Super Arena has been finalized.

At a recent press meeting held on January 11, Inoue said "before I head off to the war (in Afghanistan), I will get into the ring for a final match." What kind of match will he really show us?

Pride Fighting Championships: Although you've limited yourself to only one fight, what was your reason for making a comeback?

Enson Inoue: I've decided to enter the military and join the war (in Afghanistan). But before I do that, I want to show the fans one more good fight before I go.

Pride: This will actually be your first fight since the December 2000 PRIDE 12 match against Heath Herring. Will you have any problems with your conditioning, timing, etc.?

Inoue: I'm training hard for the fight so there's no problem.

Pride: This match-up will be against the PRIDE Heavyweight Champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. He's a strong fighter and a veteran of PRIDE. Please give us your impression of him.

Inoue: Regardless of how strong he is, he's still human. If a punch hits him right, he'll fall. If his arm is extended, it will break. I know he's strong but I'm not worried about it at all. I'm going in there to win. If fate is with me, I'll win.

Pride: What's your game plan?

Inoue: I want to win by using my head. Although I said that before my fight with Herring too (laughing). Stay calm and watch my opponent carefully, like Sakuraba does. Like the first 10 seconds of the Herring fight, I'll wait on him to strike. When he goes low, that's when I'll counter. Even if I'm only able to gain a little ground, from there I'll be able to gain more. That way, I can fight and show my heart.

Pride: You competed with Nogueira's teacher, Mario Sperry, at Abu Dhabi Combat. What did you feel then?

Inoue: I don't think you'll learn much just by looking at him but he is incredibly skilled on the ground - really strong. I don't even compare to him in terms of technique. However, there are punches in Vale Tudo. If one punch can get through, the entire rhythm of the fight can change.

Pride: Do you have the confidence to win?

Inoue: Looking at the results from his fights up until now, he wins about 80% of the time. Even if he wins 80% of the time, I've still got 20% on my side. If I've got 20%, … And then there's also luck. Luck is a lot like a lottery. If I'm lucky, I'll win.

Pride: There are a lot of fans that are really looking forward to your fight, even though it will be the only one. Anything to say to these fans?

Inoue: I'm going to use my head and give you a fight where you can see my heart. Of course, it's best if I win though. Since it will be my last fight, I really want you to come to the fight and watch. I'll be fighting fully intent on beating him.

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych

Ikona FaceBook

10 następnych tematów

Plany treningowe i dietetyczne

Forum: 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005 : 2006 : 2007 : 2008 : 2009 : 2010 : 2011 : 2012 : 2013 : 2014 : 2015 : 2016 : 2017 : 2018 : 2019 : 2020 : 2021 : 2022 : 2023 : 2024